Sunday, October 18, 2009

About Me

Howdy. My name is Sebastian Lopez Jr. I am one of those guys that has done a little bit of everything in the first 32 years of my life. I was born and raised in Beaumont, Texas USA which is about an hour & quarter from Houston, Texas. I have some family here and a great deal of family in the state of Virginia. I love it up there, in VA. I come from mixed parents, I am half Hispanic and half White. Despite my name I cannot speak very much Spanish at all just the very basic words that usually get me in trouble when I say some of them. HaHaHa.

I have never been married but would like to one day. Nevertheless I've had my heart stolen and broken a few times. No fun and after each time it does get a little harder to let your guard down but in the end the risk is worth it. "All you need is love...." as they say. Family is important to me, I like to spoil my niece and will spoil my soon-to-be-here nephew also. I am working on finishing my college degree, something that I wish I could have done many years ago if it was possible for me to do so back then right out of high school, and work full time. Its a challenge at the moment but hopefully will be worth it in the end.

I love photography and wish I was better at it, you can always find me with a camera of some sorts on or close to me. I drive race cars, always have and probably always will since it has always been a huge part of my life, my little NHRA Drag Racing team is called Lopez Racing. I love music and the water even though I cannot play any instrument or swim. I do play video games on occasion. I like to go skydiving when have the chance, its a great rush. Love roller coasters because some of the G-Forces and sense of speed on a few of them are close to the feelings you have when you are racing/driving fast. I like to travel and see/visit new & old places, I'm a bit of a history buff. And now..... I run.... long distances..... for fun.

Running is new to me as far as the events/races are concerned. A friend got me interested in it when she ran a half marathon. For me it combines a few of my favorite things. Travel.... I get to see/visit places. Photography.... I am usually snapping pics. Racing..... even though I will never be the best at this its still enjoyable being part of an organized event. But running also gives me a little time each day to get away from stress while getting myself into a little bit better shape. I've never been overweight or out of shape physically but when I ran my first half marathon (which I will post about later on) I realized I could be in a lot better shape. Even so, crossing the finish line despite the fatigue and pain was one of the greatest feeling of accomplishment I have ever had. Getting a couple of medals afterwards was cool too.

One of the things I had not expected from running was meeting new and interesting people I would not have normally met. Yes, I meet people at work and when I am at the racetracks racing my cars..... but they are different "types" of people and under different "circumstances" with competition strictly on their minds at the time and wanting to beat you. Have met a few great friends in drag racing though. While somewhat similar at the running events I have been to in a couple ways, 99.9% of the people I have met have been very friendly and helpful 100% of the time.... even cheer each other on (even complete strangers like me) despite being on different levels and from different areas. I've met a few people from Kenya, the UK, Canada, Mexico and several states. That has been very cool, to me, who comes from a relatively small Texas town.

You can find me on Facebook usually by the email of
slj@lopezracing.com since it is easy for me to check via my phone. You can also visit our main racing page at www.LopezRacing.com out there on the web.

With all that said I will leave you with one of my current favorite quotes from race car driver Tony Stewart......

'When I hear the words "You can't", I just say to myself "Watch me."'

=Sebastian Lopez Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment